Friday, November 13, 2009

upcoming Mercer Cup USGP....

Moving in with parents for a bit to save some money has already paid off. With no rent cloud constantly hovering over my head, I was able to get myself a Kinetic Road Machine trainer. I opted for the extra package with computer/accessories (who doesn't love discounted accessories?) to fine tune my work outs. Furthermore, father invested in a heart monitor that he no longer uses so am able to plan crazy exercise regiments, and intervals are so much more effective. Although I don't have any device to measure my power output, I've been using MPHs to judge the sum of my efforts. And finally I'm able to measure my cadence. I always assumed I was in the 80's but it turns out I find myself most comfortable/effective/efficient pedaling in the 90's.

Also began looking at road bikes, for real this time. Have a TCR Alliance 1 on hold for me at one shop, and hoping to check out a few others to get a feel for the perfect road monster. That's something I'm incredibly excited about... my first season doing road.

ANYWAY wanted to pre-ride Mercer today for USGP but canceled on account of the weather (as well as the number presentation). But that's okay, I'll still get my fix in tomorrow after work. Living only 5 miles from the course is very convenient for a weekend of races. While tomorrow should be rainy and crazy cross weather, Sunday will clear up (although still be undoubtedly muddy) so excited to see the two sides of cross in one event. Been training a lot and hard so hope to yield better results than the past couple of races. Going to make myself come in top 50%, and hoping to break into top 30%. Did a work out today, but tomorrow will take it very easy and hopefully legs will be feeling as they should... powerful. Well till the Mercer Cup..... . ... . . ..

No comments:

Post a Comment