Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Quake 'em up, shoot 'em up

I don't know why I'm choosing this time (if any) to write. Maybe I'm concerned for my follower. There's been a post drought since the 'cross season has ended, and I apologize. My follower deserves better. Anyway, I can assure you the real reason is because I feel cyclist-inspired and got a neat picture from a recent ride today (thanks Jloh).

I enjoyed some play time in the snow, and also had my first ride with Cycles 54 last Sunday. It was a great time and I am starting to feel good about the upcoming road season. I have been riding here and there but nothing too serious yet... After the holiday treats disappear from the fridge and all my friends go back to where they came from, I'll be able to start getting my base in. Hope after an intense road season I will be forced to be in better shape for cross.

Other than that I don't have much to say to you, good reader. I had a mini-adventure when we got lost in the woods during a blizzard and couldn't find our way out because of our disappearing tracks (thanks fresh 12" blanket of snow). As we exited the desolate forest, a park ranger greeted us and informed me he was ready to assemble a search party to find our dead frozen bodies. It was fun, nonetheless. Every once in a while I thought our lives were in jeopardy when we knew there was a frozen stream somewhere not far from our current position. It all looked the same under the snow.

Thank you. Hope your holidays have been kind.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't read about any vampires in this post. I call for more truth in tagging! And more posting! Slowly morph this blog into an Arthur Gorka tell-all.

    ReplyDelete