Wednesday, January 27, 2010

T-Pain? No, Knee Pain.

Training ride in Skillman leads to a pain no autotune can fix. The knife-in-knee feeling started to present itself the last few miles of climbing. Against my better judgement, I did a team ride with Cycles 54 the day after. The first 20 miles or so definitely had the Nancy Kerrigan kind of thing going on. But then all of a sudden it disappeared. I felt great and was able to ride without any discomfort. Monday? Felt great! No knee pain. Tuesday morning I awoke to that knife-in-knee feeling I talked about earlier. Joint was locked up and took about an hour to loosen it up enough to be able to stand up.

More pathetic than that? Today morning-ish at 3:30 AM the knee stabber struck again. But this time I had to get to the bathroom. It took about 30 minutes for me to be able to fall out of bed. I had to drag the bottom half of my body by grabbing onto the floor and pulling myself to the bathroom (think The Ring meets paraplegic puppy). It was sad, and slightly creepy if anybody watched somehow.

I will take a week or so off cycling to try to heal. This is an awful way to prepare for Battenkill (probably won't make it off the wait list anyway).

3 comments:

  1. FIRST!
    Damn dude, that sucks. How did you sustain the injury though? Just prolonged wear and tear? Maybe you need to tweak your riding style? What does this post have to do with SJP?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extreme fatigue caused a collapse in my technique which translated to an overextending of the knee. I'm pretty sure the constant overextension on the latter part of the ride led to the current owie. Not sure why I left this out?

    SJP? I'm trying to get some crossover readers from Sex and the City types.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That explains everything! What clarity!

    ReplyDelete