Sunday, March 7, 2010

Monsters


No crashes and kept up with the main group. That's all I meant to accomplish and I did, so I'm okay with today. I did find an opportunity to sprint up the side and maybe try to sneak in the podium. I sprinted up the right and passed the group. I thought victory was possibly somewhat in my grasp. Thought I had a sizable lead. About 10 seconds later I looked behind to see how far up I was and realized the entire peloton was on my wheel. It was so discouraging with the finish line in sight. Unfortunately my legs gave all they had and back to the group I went. I suffer from a very cycling specific condition called "not being good enough." Time-wise I was all but a few seconds from the guy who won but about 19 cyclists back.

It was silly. But I did it. And I'd do it again. That Pac-man son of a bitch ain't got nothin on me.

And there is my first defeat of 2010. Branchbrook in a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, you're already finishing within a few seconds of the leader? That's pretty impressive. Way to go. Also, keep up with the awesome graphics to lead-in each post.

    ReplyDelete