Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Belmont v2.0

I don't know why I'm listening to it, but Floating Point 2 may be one of the lamest chillout compilations I've heard. Sorry if anybody from Igoba Records is offended, but I simply cannot enjoy it. On a similar note, I've been pretty productive on the production front (ha). Should have a twilight track (twilight: subgenre of psytrance) up shortly. 

Now to cyclocross... Finally met some people today. It was pleasant to be able to speak, although I was a bit giddy and overexcited from the workout so I'm sure I sounded very antsy or nonsensical. Regardless, it was a good practice and I've definitely improved some since last time. I found cornering slightly easier, but that could have been because the ground was a bit more moist this time around. During the last lap of the second half of the workout I fell off my bike. Don't worry, I'm okay. My fall was cushioned by my head. There was a flash of white during impact, reminiscent of the game Punch Out. You'd hit the guy and there'd be a high pitched ring + flash above his head. Aside from a minor head ache, I feel fine. I got up and was able to finish the workout. 

Someone I talked to suggested I do this race Sunday, the Hillbilly Hustle in New Jersey, so I think I will. It's now officially part of the unofficial list of cyclocross races I plan to compete in. 

The city looked really amazing from the Plateau but I didn't have a camera that did it justice. I have a few pictures from the trip home, but nothing amazing. Next Wednesday I'll bring a normal camera. A cyclist also stopped near me to take a picture. I'm sure I managed to creep her out with my silence and unintentional stalking. For some reason I thought it would be less creepy if I turned my light off. Lesson learned.


1 comment:

  1. i got really excited thinking you were making your own soundtrack to twilight.

    ReplyDelete