Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bliss to devastation


I had a pretty shameful performance at Pocono Raceway this past weekend. I fell off the pack with a handful of laps to go. The wind got me and I was finished.

I guess I also felt too happy with myself after snagging 6th at Tour of Colts Neck. I didn't expect that craziness that is crit-life to pick up from the get-go. Once I saw "11 laps to go" I thought I was going to die. Shortly after, I did.

But I kept on keeping on and found a dropped rider from QCW. We made it through the snow and wind. There's the bravery I was lacking at USGP during last year's cross season.

And finally... I just recently invested in a power meter (joule 2.0 / powertap pro+) and a coach. Once the meter gets here I will start a 12 week training program with Christian (Cycles 54). Really excited to take on this new level of training.

In non-cycling news, work is still going okay. Getting the bills paid, staying on the bike, and not living at home. Can't complain.

...to better days.

3 comments:

  1. Enough of these stock pictures. I want more pictures of a biking Arthur. Also, more frequent updates! More! More! More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a biking Arthur... in the Cycles 54 kit.

    ReplyDelete