Sunday, May 30, 2010

"Why are you always broke?"


Mr. Bianchi Axis is the latest addition to my money pit of a hobby. I recently won him on eBay, and plan to build him up to be the ultimate cross bike. Right now... looking for awesome deals on a FSA Gossamer Cranks. Also stalking this relatively inexpensive FSA Energy... Maybe the price will stay low.

Next steps? 105 rear derailleur, a 105 cassette, and then a custom wheel build. For the wheel.... not sure yet but if I can't find anything already built second hand from some crossers, I will do something like a Mavic Reflex rims, DA or DT 240 hubs, and spokes are still up in the air. But the wheels won't happen till right before cross season since I don't have that kind of money right now. All the other components will be coming from my Volpe, till I can afford to upgrade them.

Well Mr. Axis is the newest addition to my family, and I hope he's happy. I can't wait till I bring my monster to life and test the man out. First the drivetrain, then wheels, and finally a beating heart.

1 comment: