Wednesday, October 14, 2009

...aiming for "not last"

I am going to get WORKED on Sunday. Practice at Belmont today was not as successful as in the past. I attribute a lot of it to my crazy hill workout yesterday, and lack of decent sleep last night but I fell behind the rest of the "B" group really quick. No painful falls though, although I had an incredibly close call when I ran into a chunk of lumber with some considerable speed.

After the practice I stopped to watch the Kensington Triple Crown. I didn't want to hurt myself before an ideally triumphant Sunday, so I decided to merely spectate. I got there and saw only two people with cross bikes, as opposed to the 35+ at the previous edition. I rode one lap through all the glass ridden urban obstacles with the other two people. We ended up doing some drills since we all came out for some cross. When I returned home I saw it got moved to tomorrow. I still had a good time and just recently I've been getting sad about leaving Philadelphia. Although I welcome a salary and health insurance with open arms.

High hopes for Wissahickon. I will try my hardest to get in the top 50% so I can have one ">50%" race on crossresults.com. I PRAY the "UCI" doesn't scare away some of the other newbies I compete with.

Oh, it went in (thanks Geoff).

No comments:

Post a Comment