Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Bank Job, without the accent or action


Back to lending 40 hours of my time a week in exchange for some hard earned cash. Bank again, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. I go in, get a list, throw out some ideas, send lots of e-mails, fax lots of documents, print some things, then go to lunch. Since I take my lunch at 2 p.m., I come back at 3 to 2 hours of work which just fly by. Although this is only temporary (again), I have some prospects on the horizon.

Unfortunately this has made me busier than I'm used to. In addition to my determination to do extraordinarily well at the Mercer Cup USGP, I have become addicted to Quake Live. I needed a first person shooter that operates on OS X. How surprised I was to find out one of my favorite games was free online with nothing more than a browser plug-in. Yowza! My last weekend in Philadelphia was spent drinking cans of wine (thanks Always Sunny) and shooting demonish figures with all sorts of weapons. When wars inevitably head down the DOOM/Quake path, I will be well prepared and even excited. Go Earth!

As for racing... or lack there of. I am not doing any races till Spring Mount... Only two weeks away but I will be very well prepared. I have GREATLY increased my workouts and am in better shape than ever. I plan to PEAK for the Mercer Cup, and then maybe do another race or two before I call it quits for the 'cross season and start preparing for road. 


"Arthur, a roadie?!" No, not yet at least. I have really enjoyed this season of cross and really like the competitive aspect of cycling so am going to spend this winter/spring training for the upcoming road season. I hear it's much more competitive, and I hope this will push me to train harder and get me to a new level for next year's cross. This also means.... a new bike! I will have all winter to research and decide but right now I'm looking at the Giant TCR Alliance 1. Maybe some cyclist will happen by this post and scream "NO DON'T DO IT BECAUSE..."

Lastly, Halloween this weekend. I will be spending it in New York City escaping the giant mechanical spiders at Psybotik. Where'd all the darkpsy go this year? I don't know but not NYC that's for sure. I saw Gappeq was playing in Warsaw and it made me incredibly angry that my Polish citizenship doesn't allow me reduced price travel between here and the motherland. Instead I'll cope with the loads of progressive-borderline-house tunes that will be jammin in my ear drum all night long ["This-Is-House-house-house-house" (dun-ch-dun-ch-dun-ch)] Ugh. Although I love progressive and downtempo but why an entire night of it the one day of a year it's Halloween?! I hear Treavor Moontribe sometimes sneaks a dark set in so maybe given the occasion my head will be spinning. High hopes.


No comments:

Post a Comment