Sunday, October 18, 2009

beaten, worked, and tired...

Went to Granogue yesterday to watch the two UCI races. Meant to get there earlier, but left some things at parents' house so had to make a 2 hour detour. Brought along two friends to experience the frenzy that is cross, and had a grand ole time.

If I remember correctly, I fought for my 63rd of 85 people today. I knew it was bad when the announcer said something along the lines of, "If you just slowed down a bit, you could have let [first place person] pass through and finish on this lap." Ouch. But I did not, I did four laps just like the big guys and have the hurt to prove it. I couldn't seem to get my muscles to loosen up today, so I felt like I was battling myself up until the 4th lap. During the run up I hobbled like a penguin. Still a good time and I left lots of room for improvement. While I still remain defeated, I won't let it get to me since this is my first season cycling. But I will be sure to outdo this performance at Spring Mount. I promise you I will.

For $10 I enjoyed two glasses of Victory's HopDevil and one glass of the Prima. Although I left with no prize or medal, I do have the Victory pint glass to remind me of the cold rainy day.

Again, I will keep on increasing the intensity of my workouts so next time will be better, not worse. To date, this is the most difficult course I've raced. I did like the spiral and I feel my cornering has definitely improved. Now just need that strength thing....


(The last one is from Granogue)

Godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment